Friday, March 21, 2014

We're Off to See the Wizard!

Short and sweet tonight as I am taking just a few minutes to get a post up during our "Wizard of Oz" movie night.  The kids have been looking forward to this all week and I'm hoping they fall in love with it as much as I did as a kid.  I've already heard protesting about the black and white, but we're trying to convince Noah to just hang in there, color is coming!

As a bonus, we're also celebrating the fact that the original Pizza Hut was started by Dan and Frank Carney in Wichita in 1958.  I found a recipe for their famous pan pizza that we're indulging in with tonight's movie as well as their dessert pizza for later.  Grant just told me that I "pretty much nailed it" so I am chalking this one up as a huge success!

Scored Monkees tickets today, Noah got his FINAL bee in the bucket and the Bean and I made it to storytime.  Never a dull moment.  Check back in with us tomorrow!  Until then...

Kansas Fun Fact of the Day:  The rocks at Rock City are huge sandstone concretions. In an area about the size of two football fields, 200 rocks, some as large as houses, dot the landscape. There is no other place in the world where there are so many concretions of such giant size.

\
Noah got mail from Papa today

Kayla too

They're working hard on it, Dad

Pizza Hut, eat your heart out!



No comments:

Post a Comment