Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday Fun

It's been another dreary (but warmer!) day in Farmington but we haven't let that get our spirits down.  Again, not sure what it is with this week but all of us here must really be looking forward to Spring because there's been a whole lot of sunshine inside Casa de Gatchel.

Kind of an abbreviated post tonight as my crew and I currently deeply immersed in cheering on our Wolverines as they take on Texas in their Sweet 16 game tonight.  I am admittedly not a huge basketball fan but I really do enjoy the excitement of March Madness.  I track the team through the year, catch a game when I can, but it is nowhere near my devotion to the football program or my much beloved Tigers.  (Who officially start their season on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)  Anyway, we're here enjoying the game at the moment and keeping our fingers crossed that we'll be playing again on Sunday as part of the Elite 8.  (And on my birthday next week for the Final Four, and the Championship on the 7th while we're at it ;-) )

Anyway, fabulous day!  The Bean and I spent our morning at a coffee date with my friend Jen who it was wonderful to catch up with.  I know I say it often, but I have some super cool friends!  We got back with enough time for me to make quite a mess out of my kitchen.  I have been looking forward to making Fried Mashed Potato Balls as I knew Grant especially would love them, but e gad!  They were fortunately (according to everyone here) well worth the mess.  That coupled with my attempt at Potato Candy that i mostly made last night.  Apparently my definition of "like cookie dough" was nothing like that of the author of the recipe as there was no way in heck I was going to be able to roll this in a tight log - it was well stuck to the wax paper on the bottom.  So last night I made the most of it, wrapped it up as was and stuck it in the fridge.  This afternoon I tried slicing it, which it did fairly well, I just decided we'd have to eat around the paper, hehehe.  I'm glad I didn't just chuck the whole thing as Thing 1 and Thing 2 think this is like the best stuff ever now.  Alright, suppose a messy kitchen is worth keeping my whole crew happy.

Back to the game!  We're splitting up for awhile tomorrow - Grant and Noah are going to the Science Center for the last chance the "Kidstruction" Zone and the Bean and I are going to the Dance Party the library is having!  Then we're here for the afternoon with a hopeful skype session with the Kunkle's and dinner and a movie.   Should be fun!  Until then...

Idaho Fun Fact of the Day: Grangeville is located in north central Idaho. The community is considered the getaway to five wilderness areas and four national forests totaling 5 1/2 million acres. The total is second only to Alaska in designated wilderness area.

My favorite coffee companion


She wanted to take a picture of our coffees

Potato Candy


I checked on our suncatchers today.  I was able to remove them from the kids, but they were still a bit sticky on the bottom so I flipped them over so they could finish drying

Mashed potato balls


No comments:

Post a Comment