Thursday, December 22, 2011

My Favorite Two Year Old

Mikayla had her two year check up yesterday with the pediatrician yesterday and I wanted to share that she is just wonderful and perfectly normal. She's going to be a little taller than average and skinny apparently - gee, wonder where she gets that from?? She weighed in at 24 lbs (15th percentil) and is 33 3/4 inches tall (50th percentile) She is loads ahead of the average two year old with her language skills (and 8 months ago I was worried about this... HAHAHA) and I'm going to give a big piece of that credit to Noah, who she is always desperately trying to keep up with. Between the two of them they could probably mount a filibuster on the floor of the senate and not worry about running out of words ;-)

Her latest 'favorite' thing to do is to take a shower with me at night. My day is always so chock full that I've gotten into the habit of taking a shower at night just to cross one more thing off my list ;-) I usually manage to jump in quickly before or after their bath and one night last week Mikayla was curious and wanted to shower too and now thinks it is the coolest thing ever since she gets to use Mommy's soap and shampoo and then gets to blow dry her hair, put on lotion and just be girly with the Mama. Last night, I got a couple pictures of her after we'd gotten out (while Noah got to shower, lest she get something he didn't!) and she was decked out in her favorite Tinkerbell PJ's. I love this little girl and she never fails to make me smile.




No comments:

Post a Comment