Thursday, June 5, 2014

Topsy Turvy Thursday

Oh glorious sunshine, you really know how to make a girl's day!  From the moment I woke up this morning, sun shining brightly in my window, I KNEW it was going to be a good day.  (Geesh, wish I woke up so jazzed more often.  Get on it, Mother Nature!)  Plus it was a day filled with my favorite things - my adorable twosome in good moods, my favorite ladies in the whole world at a MOPS meeting, lots of sunshine, my kiddos making my smile with how they think outside the box and some family together time on a cruise through the neighborhood.

The only thing that could have made it that much better was if my secret ingredient for my Montana project had arrived.  I'm going to be heading out of town on Saturday morning (Monkees concert in Cleveland with my Mama - YAY!!!!!) and won't be back until Sunday afternoon, so there's a chance, if the goods don't arrive tomorrow, that we're not even going to get to Montana's project until then.  Oh well, it'll happen when it happens I suppose.  Come on amazon, I'm countin' on you!

In the meantime, any morning pre-bus that starts with a Dance Party in my kitchen promises to be spectacular.  The kiddos and I are voting "I"m On Top Of The World"  by Imagine Dragons as our favorite song of the summer so far.  (Followed pretty closely by "Pompeii" by Bastille, though the message behind that one is a little sad.  The music is cool, though!)  Anyway, we rocked it out, dropped NJ off at the bus then the Bean and I headed off to the officially last MOPS meeting of the year.  (Bummer)  I could write this long, sentimental post (again, hehe) about how much my MOPS group means to me, but in the spirit of everyone having a good day (which you have a better chance of without my babbling) I'm just going to simply say "Love these ladies."

Came home to do some meal prep, drop off a meal for a friend who just had surgery, get some laundry caught up and then go into my office for awhile before I picked up my favorite six year old.  When we got back the kids worked on their Montana map coloring page.  Like always, they never fail to amaze me with what they recall and deem important.  Check it out below.

When Grant got home he took the twosome outside for some play while I worked to get our dinner of Jo's Mountain Mush on the table.  The recipe was inspired by the person who posted it on www.allrecipes.com (one of my fave cooking sites!) by a camping trip in Montana.  Don't let the name scare you, this is just a go to fave around here - beans and weenies - with some red skinned potatoes added for a little something extra.  (Kristi's note, I liked the idea of doing it on the campfire, or at least having that grilled taste, so I ended up throwing our weenies on my indoor grill and giving them that perfect grilled taste instead.  Just a little bonus!)  I knew it'd be an easy meal and we enjoyed it tonight with the Montana Poppy Seed Bread Noah made last night.

After dinner we couldn't ignore the sunshine and to spend some time all together we took a stroll with our faves the Janoch's around the block.  We've been keeping an eye out for our duck families as we discovered there are actually two different groups of babies in the area.  Sunshine, baby animals, the smell of flowers, all of us together - ah, I can't wait 'til school is over and SUMMER officially begins.

Not sure what tomorrow looks like, though I hear there may be some kind playtime in the morning, a salute to shepherd's in the evening and *maybe* amazon will play along and my ingredient will arrive.  We'll see, but until then...

Montana Fun Fact of the Day:  Montana holds the world record for the greatest temperature change in 24 hours. In Loma, on January 14-15, 1972, the temperature went from from -45°F to 49°F -- a whopping 103 degrees!

Noah's Poppy Seed Bread


Dance Party!

A blurry girl at work

Noah's Montana is comprised of the Yago Sapphire and a nest of dinosaur eggs


OK - this is the Bean's and I love it!  The state flower of Montana is the bitterroot - which has 16 pink petals and has a stem of only about 2 inches - I don't know if you can see it but this is her bitterroot (it does kind of look like a star), and there is a little green line for the tiny stem!  I love that she remembered that

The Bean's Montana

A princess on a picnic

Jo's Mountain Mush

My bouquet from Mikayla

No comments:

Post a Comment