Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

I'm again going to stay away from a long rambling recap of our day and simply leave it at "it's all good."  Today I am thankful for my own Daddy (who we got to see for lunch today!) and all he has done and taught me.  And what a Papa he is to my twosome!  I think the picture of him and Kayla from today pretty much says it all.  I'm also also thankful for the choices in my life that led me choose Grant to share my life with and become the father of my kiddos.  They are so blessed to have him (they adore him now and I hope that they'll continue to see how lucky they are) and he has become quite the Dad as they've grown.  It was great to spend the day celebrating him with fun this morning, lunch in Sylvania, a trip to one of our favorite places and quite the awesome game of bocce ball!

Summer officially kicks off tomorrow and we're going to do it in style with "Lunch with Trucks" (provided it doesn't rain) and we're kicking off a condensed Mississippi week!  Either Thursday or Friday (or maybe even Saturday, who knows at this point!) the kiddos are heading to meet up with Aunt Shell and then they're off to Cincinnati to spend four or five with Aunt Sarah!  Not sure who's most excited about all of this.  So it promises to be quite the week for sure.  And until then...

Minnesota Fun Fact of the Day:  The Mall of America in Bloomington is the size of 78 football fields --- 9.5 million square feet

Giving Grant his Father's Day presents this morning

Opening the mug from the Bean

Turned out great (the picture, not so much - sorry!)

This one is MUCH better :)

Noah's bracelet

How cool!

The card Noah made at school (it says "My Dad is out of this world because he fixes my toys")

This one's pretty good,too

No doubt



Mmmm, cookies

Carrying in their last gift

Bocce!

They were VERY excited to help him test it out

Lots of love

Squeeze!

I'm not sure which of them was more excited to see the other

Family picture at the Peony Garden


Aren't they beautiful?

And we of course had to go visit Fairy Hollow

And my engineers were hard at work on their own creations


Watching the canoes and kayaks on the river

They had their Minnesota pop quiz on the way home and this was their prize (Frank C. Mars, founder of Mars, Inc. was responsible for the creation of the Milky Way, 3 Musketeers and Snickers, and it just so happens he was born in Hancock, Minnesota!)

Bocce ball!

Noah's toss

Grant's attempt


How we keep the Man of the House happy


No comments:

Post a Comment