Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Noah's First Day of School

Well, we officially snipped yet another heartstring today - and boy did this one hurt more than I expected it to! My heart officially goes out to each and every mom that has ever dropped off one of their kiddos for the first day of school. I honestly think that I had a harder time with it than he did. In fact, my kiddo gave me one last hug and ran off to join 'circle time' while I headed out of the room, clutching Mikayla as if she might escape to, but managed to make it to the car before the waterworks started.

Two and a half much to short hours later, I arrived back at the school to learn the following:

1) My son is a trend setter - they all got smiley face stickers at the end of the day to celebrate how good they had been and Noah decided he wanted to wear his on his chin. Apparently this was seen as very cool because every kiddo that walked out of the classroom also had their sticker on their chin. His teacher says he's either a born leader or the class clown. Lovely..

2) My son wasted no time finding a 'girlfriend'. Noah comes running out at me and the first words out of his mouth are "Mom, can Chloe come to Michigan?" I'm baffled as I have no clue who Chloe is nor why she wouldn't already be in Michigan. Cue the teacher pulling me aside to divulge the above information and the fact that I may want to keep an eye on the budding relationship between Noah and Chloe, as she and Noah apparently say holding hands during story time and Noah sat stroking her hair. Oy vey, he's three! Noah was full of news of Chloe all day so apparently I'm going to have to make a point to meet Chloe's Mom first thing Thursday morning...

We'll chalk up day one as a success, other than the fact that Noah was exhausted by the time we made it home, which even after nap time translated into a major case of the crabbies. He was over it by dinner time, but apparently it was contagious because Mikayla picked it up for the rest of the night. Ah well, you win some and you lose some. I'm so proud of my little man today!

Eating a good breakfast before school

Noah and his cheerios, Kayla and her pop tart

Getting ready to go in his special 'first day of school outfit'

Heading out

And he's off!

Hanging his bag in the locker room (with a look on his face that says, OK Mom, enough with the camera already!)

He survived!

I took him to McDonald's for a special treat to celebrate such a great first day (but of course, the play area was closed because it was under construction. Some days the universe is so against me ;-) )

My two munchkins

No comments:

Post a Comment