Monday, January 9, 2012

Alive and Kickin'

So many thanks to Grant for keeping the blog at least somewhat up to date while I was down and out. I'm alive, well and glad to be back with my family. I didn't realize how much I could miss those two crazy kiddos! I was so glad to make it back here on Friday and just snuggle them for a few minutes. Being sick and out of it is one thing but being sick without Thing 1 and Thing 2 to keep me laughing is completely unacceptable.

I'm back to mostly feeling normal which is a definite plus. Still haven't managed to completely kick the never ending headache but c'est la vive :)

I posted some pictures earlier this morning from our painting adventure last night. Not sure if you remember, but this is what it looked like last year. Grant and I were so thrilled with the results that we just had to let them make a new painting for this year. Until we were finished we didn't realize it had been almost exactly a year since we had done the originals.

They had a blast painting and I'm not sure the last time I laughed so hard. They had paint EVERYWHERE. Mikayla couldn't resist touching her face, the floor, the counters, the bathtub, etc... It was worth the mess and as Grant said, I don't really like the kitchen floor anyway.

Speaking of not liking something around the house....

I started demo on the half bath yesterday. I've come to the realization that unless I have some kind of project to work on, life just isn't complete. So in my continued quest to rid the world of ugly wall paper (this is the third house in the past 6 months I've ripped down wall paper in) I started to strip the wall paper. Really ugly country wall paper in the kitchen, consider this your warning!

Alright, not thrilled about it, but off to watch LSU and 'Bama tonight. I'm pulling for LSU simply because Michigan has to open against 'Bama in the fall and I'd rather that they didn't enter it as the number one team in the country :-p More soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment