Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Still Alive!

Hmmm, seems it's been a few weeks since I've posted.  Well, that's because this happened:


Well, correction.  About three weeks ago I somehow did something to my ankle.  I babied it for a week or so, got some x-rays where they said I was fine, continued to baby it and watch it swell until last week I saw my doc in Ohio (where I then had to camp out for a few days - thanks Mom and Dad and Shell) who ordered an MRI where they finally found I had a fracture in my tibia.  Lovely.  So Monday I saw the ortho, who said it earned a cast.  Oh boy!  So for the next three weeks at least I'm in the cast, then at least three weeks after that I'm in my full boot.

So...

Life looks a little different around here at the moment.  No driving for me, a max of 50% weight on it (though I'm having quite the time following that instruction...) and overall taking it easy.  HA!  But we're trying, and making do.  But I haven't been as quick to grab my camera (kinda hard to do on crutches) to capture what we're all up to and the last thing I wanted to do was get on here and whine.  So to catch you up quickly...

We did track Nita through Delaware not this past week but the one before.  They actually were quite sure they knew where she was more quickly than I would have thought, Last week, Miss Direction was apparently out of the country (perhaps making plans for an eventual escape?).  This was most fortunate since the Chief was also out of contact in Ohio all week.  

This past weekend we celebrate Noah's Cub Scout accomplishment of full earning his Tiger rank at Blue and Gold.  Monday Nita was pack up to her old tricks (she sent clues about the Pentagon, Jamestown and peanuts already this week) and I got my new accessory.  Yesterday we had our favorite leprechaun on the loose:







He even set up a scavenger hunt for them



And of course, a green feast for dinner




I mentioned that Nita did visit this morning.  Here's what she had to say:

My Nutty Little Detectives,
I know I’ve told you plenty of times that I love sampling the local cuisine while I’m on this little adventure of mine.  And this time – well I’m just nuts about!
Nuts about peanuts that is!

It seems that this state that I’m going to steal (because you’re not going to catch me before I do!) has its own special variety of peanuts.  These peanuts have the largest kernels and account for most of the peanuts roasted and eaten as inshells. When shelled, the larger kernels are sold as salted peanuts. The peanuts account for about 15% of total U.S. production.

So my favorite little nuts, I thought you, too, may want to try a peanut treat for yourself.  So I’m enclosing a recipe for you to whip up and try out.  BUT, just to slow you down a little bit, you’ll want to pay close attention to the very last instruction on the recipe.  Good things come to those who wait, right, Detectives?

HA HA HA
Nita

And here's the recipe she left


Peanut Butter Cookie Lasagna

Ingredients
·        1 box Nutter Butter Cookies
·        Cool Whip or whip your own fresh whipped cream (1 cup cream plus a drop of sugar for sweetness)
·        peanut butter cups
·        ½ cup peanut butter, melted in microwave
·        1 box instant or regular vanilla pudding, prepared according to package
Instructions
1.      Line the bottom of an 8x8 pan with Nutter Butter Cookies.
2.      Top with a drizzle of the melted peanut butter.
3.      Add ½ the pudding.
4.      Add half the cream. (I like to use a pastry bag so it is pretty but you can spread it if you prefer.)
5.      Top with chopped peanut butter cups.
6.      Repeat the layering!
7.      Decorate the top with crushed nutter butter cookies, peanut butter cups and a drizzle more of peanut butter.
8.      This must be chilled overnight for the cookies to soften!

So my detectives (including the big one who is running a fever and stayed home from school today, sigh.  And looks like he'll be with me again tomorrow.  Double sigh.) whipped up this



Okay, so now you are very quickly up to speed, we're still here, promise!  And we'll all be good (because I'm determined now that I know what I'm up against to stay positive).  I will try to do better keeping up the actual blog, but no promise on the pictures - crutches and all not going anywhere ;-)  So until then....



No comments:

Post a Comment