Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Her Papa's Girl

So no pictures today, but a funny story I just had to share...

Due to voting today all of the school's in Michigan were closed today. (Note to the legislature for whatever my opinion might be worth: I know you're using some of the schools as polling locations, but trust me, having the kids at home does NOT encourage one to go to the polls. It's enough to try to leave the house with them let alone go vote! Just sayin'...)

Anywho...

Our usual Tuesday routine was a little thrown today being that I had both Thing 2 and Thing 1 at home since Noah had no pre-school. (Again, State of Michigan - really??) In an act of pure self-preservation of my sanity, I pulled out my handy library schedule and noted that there was pre-school story time at the other Farmington library branch. (Thank you God for our library system!) I packed the kids up and we were off.

Apparently I wasn't the only parent that was needing some self-preserving as storytime was PACKED! I would say there were at least 50 kiddos there - crazy busy.

The library lady comes in and reminds all of us parents to go vote (really hoping the library millage passes!) and then says that there is a special guest presenter at story time today. A U of M grad student from the library science program is going to host story time in order to get some experience. Okey dokey then.

Enter this cute, young 20's girl full of plenty of pep and energy telling the kiddos that all the stories are going to be about cooking. She then dons the cutest maize and blue apron emblazoned with "Big House" and the classic logo "M" all over it. (Note to self, with as much time as I spend in the kitchen, totally need to find me one of these) In her peppy voice she points to the apron and says "And who can tell me what this is for?"

In less than a blink of an eye, my little bean pipes up loud enough for the entire group to hear "Go Blue!"

Rarely have I experienced such a proud moment as a parent, but I think I'm going to have to officially give credit for this one to my Dad. Mikayla is definitely her Papa's girl.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! (And yes, you definitely need one of those aprons!)

    ReplyDelete